About This Project
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. Organic Valley Milk
- 1 cup Kingdom Cheddar (shredded)
- 1 apple, cored and shredded
- Sift the flour, mustard, cayenne and salt into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in 2/4 cup of Kingdom Cheddar and the apples.
- Add the egg and Organic Valley Milk and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead lightly and roll out to a 2cm thickness.
- Cut into 20 rounds with a 4 cm plain cutter, re rolling the dough as necessary and place on a floured baking sheet.
- Brush with organic milk and sprinkle with the remaining Kingdom Cheddar.
- Bake at 400F for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy on their own or fill with cream cheese and ham for a delicious appetizer.
Makes 20 scones