About This Project
Ingredients for the pastry
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup Kingdom cheddar, shredded
- 2 tsp cold water
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets/flowers
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup organic milk
- 1 cup Kingdom cheddar
- salt and pepper
To make the pastry:
- Put the flour and mustard powder in a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the cheese, adding enough water to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Roll out thinly and use to line 4 individual 4inch pie pans.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
To make the filling:
- Add the broccoli to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Pour into a colander and drain well.
- Mix the eggs and milk together stir in the cheese and mustard powder and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Arrange the broccoli in the pie cases and spoon the mixture over.
- Cook at 400F for 10 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 350F for a further 10-15 minutes until the mixture is set and the pastry a golden brown.
Makes 4 quiches