About This Project
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ butter
- ¾ Kingdom cheddar, shredded
- 2 tsp cold water
- Put the flour and mustard powder into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in three quarters of the cheese, adding enough water to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll out thinly into a rectangle 15inches x 6 inches. Brush milk over half the pastry (7½ x 6) and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the milk.
- Fold the other half of the pastry over the cheese and roll out to the original size.
- Cut out 40 strips 6inch x 3/8 inches. Carefully lay the strips on a baking sheet and allow to chill for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400F for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.