About This Project
Nut and caramel aromas will complement the nuttiness of Kingdom Cheddar.
- Bodegas Lan Rioja, Crianza or Reserva – Preferably Reserva. Black cherry and blackberry with a velvety nuttiness and integrated vanilla from oak aging. Earthy development and floral qualities. Sufficient acid to complement the creamy Kingdom Cheddar. Crianza has a slightly lighter body and more red fruit characteristics, but would work as well.
- Gagliardo Dolcetto d’Alba “Paulin” – Fruity and lighter in body, aromas of wild cherry with an interesting herbaceousness. This is a straightforward, easy-drinking “picnic” wine.
- Gundlach Bundschu Chardonnay – Zippy citrus aromas combined with creamy honey will complement and simultaneously contrast with Kingdom Cheddar. The hint of oak fermentation mirrors the nuttiness of Kingdom Cheddar.
- Allimante-Laugner Muscat d ’Alsace – With a fruity Muscat nose, but with no sweetness, this wine would work well with Kingdom Cheddar, particularly if there is an element of spiciness in the complementary food.
- Deschutes Brewery Fresh Squeezed IPA – Fresh Meyer lemon citrus notes with moderate hoppiness and bitterness echo the sharpness of Kingdom Cheddar and leave the palate refreshed and awake.
- Left Hand Brewing Company Nitro Milk Stout – Combines creamy coffee and mocha notes with pronounced toastiness complements the nuttiness of Kingdom Cheddar and emphasize the richness of the pairing.
- Sazerac – Rye Whiskey with a muddled sugar cube and bitters and a splash of Absinthe.
- Blood & Sand – Blended Scotch Whisky with Blood Orange Juice, Cherry Brandy and just a touch of sweet vermouth
- Blue Diamond Nut – Thins Smokehouse Gluten-Free Crackers
- Salumeria Biellese Cured Meats: Coppa, Felino, Sopressata, Prosciutto
- Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles
- Matiz Marcona almonds
- Castel Vetrano, Picholine and Nicoise olives